The Blue Economy: The Ocean as Our Next Frontier
November 20, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
This session is sponsored by Babcock Canada.
As Greater Victoria focuses on creating the Ocean Futures Innovation Hub, our panel explores how the West Coast can accelerate its Blue Economy to compete both nationally and with ocean nations like Norway, whose ocean industries account for about 70% of the country’s export earnings, and our own East Coast.
Moderator: Craig Norris, CEO, Victoria International Marina
Introduction: Rob Germain, GM & CEO CHEK News
- Kate Moran, President and CEO, Ocean Networks Canada
- Christian Rangen, Co-Founder & Partner, Engage // Innovate
- Julie Angus, CEO, Open Ocean Robotics
- Justin Sternberg, Program Director, Alaska Ocean Cluster
- Joshua Berger, Founder & Board Chair, Maritime Blue